Music Scene in
Recording Connection is
Audio Education Upgraded for the 21st Century
Watch this video to learn more:
Interested in Inglewood Recording, Audio Engineering, and Music Production?
It’s exciting times for Inglewood. Long a home to rap and hip hop artists like AMG, Mack 10, Redrum 781, Shawn Christopher, Cali Swag District and more, Inglewood is undergoing major transformations that will turn it into Los Angeles’ premier music and entertainment mecca.
The Forum was recently upgraded into a first-class music venue with dozens of concerts a month featuring artists like John Mayer, Childish Gambino, Pitbull, Lil Wayne, Maluma, Peter Frampton and Chance the Rapper. In 2020, the Los Angeles Rams and the Los Angeles Chargers new stadium will open a few blocks away. In 2024, Steve Ballmer hopes to bring the Los Angeles Clippers to Inglewood when their current lease expires at the Staple Center. All of this energy and investment is sure to impact the music scene in Inglewood.
It’s a great time to get in on the ground floor of all this opportunity. If music is your game, the Recording Connection is a great choice to provide you the keys to become a player. Our renowned mentor/extern educational model puts you in the driver’s seat by placing you inside a music pro’s recording studio. You’ll be inside the music industry, learning side-by-side with your mentor. No matter your music tastes, the Recording Connection has a program for you from Hip Hop and Beat Making to Live DJ to Audio Engineering to Music Production. How far you can take your ride depends on your dedication and work ethic as our programs give you all the tools and opportunities you need to succeed.
Imagine being able to learn from one of our mentors like Richard “Richie Rich” Anthony in his Inglewood Richworld Studios. Richard is a founding member of the West Coast rap and hip hop scene with stints in LA Dream Team, Rappers Rap Group and World Class Wreckin’ Cru. He’s worked with Will Smith, Busta Rhyme, Coolio, Boyz II Men, Usher, Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, NSYNC and many more. Picture yourself learning from Richie Rich in one-on-one sessions. Not only will you be learning from an established major force in the rap and hip-hop world, but you’ll have a chance to impress him. Impress him enough and who knows where it will lead—he certainly has the connections to jump-start your career; but only if you demonstrate to him your talent, drive, passion, skills and work ethic. The Recording Connection is not just a school; it’s an audition for your music career and an opportunity to not be wasted.
How our Real-World Programs in Audio and Music Production work
Here’s a brief overview on how the Recording Connection programs work. It’s important to understand that we are non-traditional. We don’t do classrooms and we don’t have campuses. Our educational model submerses you in the real-world music business and when it comes to making a career in music that can make all the difference in the world.
• You’ll learn one-on-one from a nearby music professional in their recording studio. We have hundreds of mentors throughout the United States which means you can learn where you live, including Inglewood. This means you can keep your day job or side-hustles going while you are learning how to record and produce music.
• You’ll have great access to top-of-the-line music equipment and software. The more you demonstrate to the mentor that you are a responsible individual with a passion to succeed, the more time you’ll have with the gear. Some of our students spend thirty hours a week in the studio. Imagine what you could do with that kind of access.
• You’ll get instant feedback and suggestions from someone worth listening to. If there’s something you don’t understand, or if there’s a better way to accomplish what your trying to achieve, your mentor will be there with the answers.
• You won’t go into extreme student debt. One of the biggest career killers is student debt. It’s tough to follow your dream when you are saddled with student loans and having to work two jobs just to break even. The Recording Connection is modestly priced and our loan payment programs are designed to be paid off between two and four years with realistic monthly payments.
• The biggest advantage of attending the Recording Connection is the real-world experience you will gain from being an extern and learning from a mentor who is already established in the music industry. There’s an old saying, “If you want to be rich, don’t hang out with poor people.” The same principle applies to the music industry, “If you want to have a career in the music industry, don’t hang out with students.”
• To be successful, you will need the self-starter gene. This applies no matter which school or path to pursuing your music career dreams you choose. Going to a traditional school it’s rather easy to fool yourself that you are progressing because you passed all the tests. Going to the Recording Connection is a bit different. As an in-studio extern you can learn from an in-industry professional, i.e. your future mentor who’s got great instincts for who’s going to make it and who isn’t. Do yourself a favor. Ask your mentor early on what his or her take on you is. If you impress them, you could find yourself downright amazed at the doors that open once you’ve shown what you’re made of.
Here’s some hints to doing well in your audio education:
o Show up on time (that means at least five minutes early).
o Never flake.
o If your mentor calls you up and tells you to come down to the studio, drop everything and get your ass down to the studio (we have a number of students who launched their careers by answering just such a phone call.)
o Be willing to work insane hours when it’s required.
o Ask questions if you have them.
o Under promise and over deliver.
o Involve your parents. Chances are you are going to need their financial assistance or perhaps they will need to co-sign your loan. Get them involved early on in the application process. Look at it this way, if you can’t convince your parents on why the Recording Connection is the right thing for you, how are you ever going to make it in the real world?
Success in the music business, like many careers, can be attributed to what you know, who you know, and what you can do. Given your individual circumstances, we feel confident that the Recording Connection can supply a solution that will help get you on path to achieve your music career dreams.