So you think this all sounds too good to be true?
But we get it, and we hear you; we really do. You have every right to be skeptical. In a world of overpriced schools and bloated promises, the idea of attending a low-cost, no-nonsense audio program like ours inside the walls of a real recording studio, receiving private instruction from a professional music producer/engineer…well, it just sounds impossible. BUT IT ISN'T IMPOSSIBLE– AND WE CAN PROVE IT, at absolutely no cost to you!
We at The Recording Connection Audio Institute have set up our enrollment process so you and your family can see the recording studio in person before you commit to enrolling in our program. That's right, once you have talked to our Admissions Department and have been approved, we will send you down to the recording studio for an open house orientation interview where you and you family can get all of your questions answered, face to face, for absolutely no charge of any kind. No fees, no start up money, no cost. NONE.
IF YOU HAVE THE TIME, WE HAVE THE RECORDING STUDIO AND MENTOR FOR YOU!
Please review the following enrollment steps with your family carefully, and by all means show this to your family or anyone who might be helping you afford your tuition:
STEP ONE: Sign up here. [CLICK to APPLY FOR FREE]
STEP TWO: One of our Admissions representatives will contact you by phone within 24-48 hours after you apply. You can also call us at 310-456-9623 and ask to speak to an Admissions Counselor.
STEP THREE: Talk to your family about The Recording Connection and share with them how we are different from all the other audio programs and audio schools out there:
- We are the school that puts you in the door of an actual recording studio.
- We are the school that trains you one on one. Imagine yourself at the board, seated next to a professional music producer in his or her studio, learning how produce music with no other students in the room. This is a private learning experience.
- Our tuition is only 9,800 if paid in full (or 10,800 if you finance), for everything you need to graduate, including books, materials, software, your own brand new copy of Pro Tools, and Job Placement assistance.
Next, show these 4 pages to your family:
STEP FOUR: If you require Financial Assistance, apply for it free of charge by calling our Financial Assistance Department at 310-456-9623 X226. Then talk to your Head Of Admissions the day before your Open House Interview so we can prepare you for your interview. If you are not utilizing Financial Assistance, no problem, just ignore the Financial Assistance part of this step and talk to your Head of Admissions the day before you interview.
STEP FIVE: Go to your OPEN HOUSE INTERVIEW either alone or with your family, follow our guidelines, and get yourself accepted into our program.
STEP SIX: If you and your family like what you see (and if you were accepted by your mentor), enroll.
STEP SEVEN: Begin your apprenticeship (externship) inside the recording studio.
Some FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1) It says that you have to be accepted by the mentor for entry into your program. Don't you accept everyone?
No, we don't. Our mentors are actual working music producers who have agreed to impart their knowledge to you or your child. That said, they are looking to train only those students who demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation, and a hard work ethic. When you or your child attends the OPEN HOUSE INTERVIEW, the mentor is also interviewing you to see if he or she wants to train you or your child. We base acceptance or denial on work ethic and attitude. Nothing else.
2) It says you don't have any application fees. Is that really true?
We do not have any application fees, up front fees, holding fees or any other kind of preliminary charges of any kind. Period. The only thing you pay is your tuition and any applicable interest charges associated with your account. The Recording Connection is in full compliance with federal and state laws, and is HEOA Compliant. We also have a REFUND POLICY, which you can view here [CLICK HERE TO REVIEW REFUND POLICY].
3) So let me get this straight: I get to go down to the recording studio first, meet the mentor and talk the curriculum, the program, and scheduling before I pay even one single penny?
Yes, yes, yes. There is NO money exchanged before you see the program with your own eyes first.
4) Wait a minute, are they going to ask me for money at the recording studio?
NO, NO, NO. With the Recording Connection you will NOT be asked for ANY MONEY of ANY KIND at the open house interview.
5) Okay, but what if I go to the recording studio for the open house interview and I don't like what I see?
No problem; you are free to check out other schools. With us, there is no obligation of any kind before final enrollment. If you don't like what you see, you can simply walk away.
6) But what if I want to check out another recording studio after the first one? Can I check out two or more studios that work with your school?
If there is another studio available, yes. But please be advised the apprenticeship (externship)s that we offer our rare and difficult to come by. Because our one-on-one training is offered by busy industry professionals inside their own recording studios, we only have a select few openings per month. Chances are if we set you up with an interview, it is not only the best option available, but the only one. That said– yes, we will do our best to accommodate you and your needs with a second option at our discretion.
7) Can you explain how your apprenticeship (externship) is different from a regular internship?
Absolutely. Interns are "gophers," helpers, errand runners. While being an intern is a good thing, it is not the best way to learn a trade because interns "help first, learn second". But Recording Connection Apprenticeships are set up in a completely different way. As a Recording Connection Apprentice, you will actually study from our structured course curriculum in private, one-on-one session with a professional music producer who is both your mentor and your teacher. You will learn audio engineering and music producing by studying Pro Tools and analog recording inside the studio. For a complete list of what you will learn, please click here.
8) Can I attend around my current job or other schooling?
Yes. Most students start off going to the recording studio twice per week and then increase to 3-5 times per week as they delve deeper into the fascinating world of audio recording and music producing.
9) Come on, this sounds too good to be true. Is it?
Let us show you how TRUE this is. Let us prove ourselves to you. Let us show you that we are a school of integrity, professionalism, and that we are honest about everything we claim.
Let The Recording Connection help you realize your dreams. If you go to an overpriced audio school, you will be wasting your money. Going to school with us is not only the smartest way, but it is the way recommended by the these audio professionals: