Career Services Job Assistance Program
The Career Services Job Assistance Program helps graduates of all of our fields of study, transition from an externship to entering their industry of choice.
For graduates who need employment assistance services in finding job opportunities we’re here to help!
The Recording Radio Film Connection & CASA Schools is dedicated to providing job assistance for one year after graduation. A Career Services Advisor in The Career Services Department will contact recording studios on your behalf to help you to make contacts and get your foot in the door. We know it takes determination to become a working professional in your art. That’s why we’re here to help you make that transition.
Our Career Services Advisor will get you started on your path towards career success. They can help you to:
- Prepare a 5-year plan. Spend time contemplating your career goals in the recording industry, and create short-term, medium and long-term goals.
- Learn the art of self-promotion. Discover multiple tools to get your name out there so people know what you can offer them.
- Present yourself as a professional. Learn how to polish your public persona (from voicemail to email and more) so you will be taken seriously.
- Learn how to write a dynamic cover letter that will improve your chances for being called.
- Create a professional resume designed and organized to show off your strengths and get you noticed.
- Develop a list of professional references—people who can attest to your abilities and your professionalism.
- Create a log of companies/studios where you plan to apply for work. Research five places where you wish to apply, and use your log to document each stage of the application process with them.
- Now it’s time to apply to all five locations!
- Learn how to land, or “create”, an interview. Develop creative strategies for getting your foot in the door besides the conventional hand-in-your-resume approach.
- Learn how to give a winning interview, and how to follow up on it afterward.
As you transition from a student to a professional, The Career Services Department is here to support you. Career advice, resume and cover letter tips, and friendly encouragement are just a phone call or email away.
Recording Radio Film Connection & CASA Schools encourages all graduates to use the school’s employment assistance services which are provided by the school’s Career Services Department.
Once a student’s resume has been drafted, students are coached through developing job interviewing skills.
In addition to scheduled sessions, students and graduates are welcome to contact the Career Services Department for assistance. Students and graduates may participate in one-on-one career advising meetings, career planning workshops, and a variety of recruitment opportunities throughout the year.
While the school works to provide the appropriate services, information, and beneficial links between graduates and employers, Recording Radio Film Connection & CASA Schools cannot and does not guarantee that it will secure employment for graduates.