Apply for the Annual Scholarship
Please fill out the following form to apply.
Five Scholarships to attend a two-day advanced audio workshop, conducted by Joe Chiccarelli at Sunset Sound in Hollywood, CA, will be awarded by the Recording Connection, Clyne Media, and Audio-Technica.
Please fill out the following form to apply.
The Recording Connection, Audio-Technica and Clyne Media present the inaugural Csaba Petocz Master Class Audio Scholarship, an annual audio education event created to honor the legacy of the beloved producer/engineer.
Five scholarship winners will be selected to attend a two-day advanced audio workshop conducted by GRAMMY® Award-
winning producer and engineer Joe Chiccarelli at the legendary studios of Sunset Sound in Hollywood, CA. Chiccarelli will lead the workshop sessions, which will focus on the essentials of tracking, mixing and production. There is limited enrollment for this up-close-and-personal workshop, which will take place August 19 and 20, 2017. The five scholarship recipients will be chosen by the Recording Connection admissions staff. This workshop is open to Advanced Audio Engineer and Music Production students and externs/externs.
Csaba Petocz was a renowned music producer and audio engineer with 37 number-one hits, 32 platinum or multi-platinum albums and three GRAMMY nominations to his credit. Csaba was one of the greats, living and recording in Los Angeles and Nashville while working closely with the top names in the industry, from Metallica to Larry Carlton, John Michael Montgomery to Alanis Morissette, Aretha Franklin to Elvis Costello, Morrissey, Al Stewart and more.
Joe Chiccarelli is an eight-time GRAMMY Award-winner for his work as a music producer, mixer and audio engineer. His list of credits includes Oingo Boingo, Elton John, Counting Crows, U2, Beck, Etta James, Morrissey, Frank Zappa, White Stripes, Alanis Morissette, Dwight Yoakam and more. Joe, a long-time friend and colleague of Petocz, is honored to have been chosen to conduct this first educational event for the Csaba Petocz Master Class Audio Scholarship.
Sunset Sound opened its doors in 1962 and has since authored over 200 gold records on its premises, including classics like Prince’s Purple Rain, The Rolling Stones’ Exile on Main St., The Beach Boys’ Pet Sounds, The Doors’ Strange Days, Linda Ronstadt’s Don’t Cry Now and many more. Sunset Sound is the perfect venue to continue the legacy of Csaba Petocz.
Scholarship Winners will be selected by the Recording Connection admissions staff.
It is the responsibility of the winners to provide transportation to Hollywood, CA, and housing for their stay in Hollywood.
Click here to read full eligibility details and disclaimers.
1. Sponsorship and Eligibility. The Csaba Petocz Master Class Audio Scholarships are being sponsored by the The Recording Connection/Recording Radio Film Connection & CASA Schools, Audio-Technica, and Clyne Media (collectively, “Scholarship Sponsors”). There is no purchase necessary to apply for the scholarship. The scholarship is open to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years or older at the time of entry.
2. Relationship of the Parties. Nothing contained in these promotional materials shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, joint venture or other form of joint enterprise, employment, or fiduciary relationship between the Scholarship Sponsors and the scholarship recipients (“Participants”). Neither Scholarship Sponsors nor Participants, by virtue of these promotional materials, will have any right, power, or authority to act or create an obligation, express or implied, on behalf of the other party. Participants understand and acknowledge that the scholarship award is not an offer of employment by the Scholarship Sponsors and Participants are not entitled to royalties, commissions, bonuses, or compensation of any type whatsoever.
3. Selection and Notification of Winners; Substitution of Prizes. Scholarship winners are determined entirely in the sole and absolute discretion of the Recording Connection/Recording Radio Film Connection & CASA Schools (collectively, “Recording Connection”) admission staff. All decisions by the Recording Connection admission staff are final. Winners will be notified by e-mail. Recording Connection will attempt to resend e-mail up to two (2) times. If the winner does not respond to the notification within three (3) days of its transmission, or if the e-mail is returned as undeliverable after two (2) of attempts, the scholarship will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Winners may not substitute or transfer scholarship award. In the event that the scholarship award becomes unavailable for any reason, Scholarship Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the award with something of like or equal value. Scholarship awards are not redeemable for cash. Scholarships awards are limited to one (1) per household.
4. Rules; Duties of Participants; Limitation of Liability. By applying to this scholarship and workshop, Participants agree to be bound by rules and the decisions of Scholarship Sponsors, which shall be final. Scholarship Sponsors reserve the right in their sole and absolute discretion to alter the terms and conditions of the scholarship program at any time. All federal, state, and local laws apply. Scholarship Sponsors and their employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and representatives of Scholarship Sponsors affiliates, subsidiaries, and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or unintelligible entries; (ii) errors in transmission; (iii) any condition caused by events that may cause the workshops to be disrupted or cancelled; (iv) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind resulting from participation during the scholarship workshops; or (v) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the program.
5. Content Permissions. By applying for the scholarship, Participant agrees to be bound by the rules and terms and conditions contained herein. Participant’s application also constitutes permission granted to Scholarship Sponsors to use any and all content created by Participant during the scholarship workshops without additional compensation to Participant. Scholarship Sponsors reserves the right to use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, modify, publish, or otherwise make use of such materials in any and all media, for any purpose without compensation to the participant. Winners may be required to sign and return a release of liability, declaration of eligibility, and a consent agreement, as conditions of receiving the scholarship. Failure to comply with the aforementioned conditions shall be grounds for forfeiture of the scholarship.
6. Violation of Rules. Scholarship Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any participant or winner who tampers with the entry process or violates the terms and conditions herein.