The Recording Connection For:
- A Recording Connection Audio School Program -
Get inside access to the recording studio as you apprentice (extern) under its professional Audio Engineer. Learn how the pros record music. Gain insider knowledge and connections during real sessions. And embark on a career you’ll enjoy for the rest of your life. Tuition is just $9,800.
Our Audio Engineering Program is available in all 50 states and Canada.
Click the map in your area to get more information and talk to a counselor.
View Our Audio Engineering School Curriculum
Click on any of the boxes to get a feel for what you will learn and how you learn with us.
WHY OUR AUDIO SCHOOL PROGRAM WORKS
- We get you into a world renowned, professional recording studio from day one, to learn on-the-job, or as some like to say, to “learn by doing”.
NO MATTER WHAT, A REAL RECORDING STUDIO IS WHERE YOU NEED TO BE IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT A CAREER IN AUDIO.
- We are the audio program that trains you as an apprentice (extern) in a pro recording studio.
APPRENTICES LEARN ONE-ON-ONE, AND THEY LEARN AT THEIR PACE.
- We train you where you live, or where you want to live.
STAY IN YOUR HOME CITY, OR MOVE TO A BIG CITY. IT’S UP TO YOU, BECAUSE WE ARE EVERYWHERE.
- With the Recording Connection, you learn from a world renowned audio engineer or music producer—someone who has made classic music, current pop or electronic music, hip hop, R&B, jazz, classical, rock, country, punk rock, etc.
OUR TEACHERS ARE MAKING HIT MUSIC, TODAY, RIGHT NOW, AND THEY ARE WILLING TO TEACH YOU HOW TO DO THE SAME.
- We are very affordable and work hard to keep you out of debt.
DEBT KILLS DREAMS; WE KEEP YOU OUT OF MAJOR DEBT.
- We are world renowned for breaking people like you into the music business.
WE ARE KNOWN THROUGHOUT THE INDUSTRY AS THE GOOD GUYS—THE PROGRAM THAT CONNECTS YOU INTO THE MUSIC BUSINESS. AND WE HAVE THE ENDORSEMENTS AND STUDENTS’ SUCCESS STORIES TO SHOW YOU WE MEAN BUSINESS.
Watch this video from Pensado’s Place where Grammy Award Winner Dave Pensado, Herb Trawick and Tim Palmer discuss our method of teaching.
Audio engineers can make a six-figure yearly income in any city in the world. There are many career opportunities available to those who are properly trained and connected in audio engineering, such as:
- Chief Engineer
- Staff Engineer
- Assistant Engineer
- Studio Owner
Additionally, many music producers, mixers, and mastering specialists are also audio engineers.
In short, for any career in audio, the best place to start is by learning the ins and outs of a recording studio as an audio engineer. In order to be successful, you MUST know how a real recording studio works where you meet real clients, you meet real engineers, and you work under real audio engineers and music producers.
A college recording studio, while it may look nice, is not the same as a professional recording studio. The Recording Connection Audio Institute Audio Engineering Program will place you in a real studio from day one.
To make it as an audio engineer, you also MUST know:
- Digital audio
- How microphones are designed and used
- Correct microphone placement
- The ins and outs of signal flow and patch bays
- How analog consoles work
- In-depth study of analog consoles
- Audio processing
- Pro Tools 8
- Reason, Logic, or Ableton Live
- Available audio plugins and how they work
- Signal processing and compressors
- How to perform a professional mix-down
- How various studios are designed and how their monitors work
- Electronic music and beat matching
- Sync and automation
- Recording and mixing ins and outs
- Surround mixing
- How to deal with clients
QUESTION: Which is better: to learn audio in a real recording studio, or on a trendy college campus?
ANSWER: You know the answer. The best place to learn audio engineering is from a professional who has been recording music for years, of course.
WHY? Because traditional colleges and trade schools can never duplicate what you will learn in a real recording studio. They are just not equipped to do it.
The Recording Connection Audio Institute gives you everything you would learn in a traditional recording school, plus the real world knowledge and information your mentor will give you, garnered from years of audio engineering experience.